Last week I wrote about the top five mobile recruiting blunders of 2012. But even though some mistakes were made along the way, it would be a wrong to let the year go by without highlighting some of the big advancements. The mobile recruiting technology industry has come along way.
Here is my take on the top 5 mobile recruiting successes of 2012:
- Mobile Apply: Prior to 2012 the preferred method for mobile apply was to direct the jobseeker to email themselves a link so they can apply later on a desktop. There are now two solution providers (iMomentous, and Jibe) delivering full mobile apply with social and cloud features where a job seeker can auto-poplate fields with a social profile or resume and the data is fully integrated with a company’s applicant tracking system.
- Mobile Recruiting Conferences: It seems like every HR or Recruiting conference these days has mobile related content. But there are now two specific conferences that are 100% dedicated to mobile talent. Michael Marlatt’s mRecruitingCamp in Atlanta, and Mike Taylor’s Mobile Recruiting Conference in London.
- Corporate Mobile Readiness Report: In July of 2012 we launched the Corporate Mobile Readiness Report, a research report evaluating the Fortune 500′s presence on the mobile web. This is the first formal study tracking the rate of adoption and best practices of mobile recruiting among major corporations. The next edition of the report will be published in January 2013.
- Early Adopters: There is a growing list of high profile companies blazing the early adoption trail and sharing their success stories. Companies like Six Flags, UPS, Sodexo, Walmart, Humana, AT&T, Pepsico, and Chesapeake Energy.
- Growing Solutions Market: We are all familiar with the statistics showing the growth of mobile web traffic. But there is nothing that gives a market more validation than the rapid expansion of solutions and service providers. Today there are at least a dozen companies with solutions specifically for mobile recruiting.
Here is the first ever compiled listing of mobile recruiting technology solutions (in alphabetical order):
- All the Top Bananas
- App Vault
- CBMobile (CareerBuilder)
- PocketRecruit (coming soon)
- Talent Brew (TMP)
There is no doubt 2012 was a very big year for mobile recruiting. I expect 2013 to be even bigger.
Happy New Year!